The role of the Australian Foundry Institute:
To provide support to the industry and its members in the promotion of technical
information, innovative ideas and realising the value of training a highly skilled workforce to ensure a sound industry future.
The aims and objectives of the Institute are:
- To disseminate technical information to, and promote the education of AFI members.
- To support and coordinate the activities of all the member Institutes.
- To provide an avenue for the expression of national opinion on matters affecting the foundry industry and/or the interests of member Institutes and their members.
- To lobby State and or
Federal Government bodies on behalf of the industry where it is considered appropriate to support the best interest of the whole industry.
- To oversee the State Division that has the
responsibility in any given year of organizing and controlling National and International AFI conventions.
- To provide support to each State Division in selecting industry Achievers to
attend the National Convention each year when held in Australia.
AUSTRALIAN FOUNDRY INSTITUTE
PO Box 910, Innisfail, QLD 4860, Australia